(Updated at 2020-06-02, updated services used and clarified collected information)
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Cyonite Systems, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the ongoing operation of one of our services.
If you have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data please contact our support team.
Cyonite Systems (“Cyonite Systems”) operates several websites including goose.studio, artofwp.com, and goose.community. It is Cyonite Systems policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, Cyonite Systems collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Cyonite Systems purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Cyonite Systems visitors use its website. From time to time, Cyonite Systems may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Cyonite Systems also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on our sites. Cyonite Systems only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Cyonite Systems websites choose to interact with Cyonite Systems in ways that require Cyonite Systems to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Cyonite Systems gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. Those who engage in transactions with Cyonite Systems – by purchasing plugins, themes or other services, for example – are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Cyonite Systems collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Cyonite Systems. Cyonite Systems does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. Cyonite Systems use third party services, support is handled through US-based Zendesk, transactional mails through US-based Mailgun, newsletters and other automatic emails through Mailchimp and Jilt. Stripe and PayPal handle payments. We do not store any credit card information at our websites. Visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Required information when making purchases is a name, address, country and the IP address from where the purchase originates. This is needed to comply with EU VAT MOSS regulation.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your orders.
- Handling this data also allows us to:
- Send you important account/order/service information.
- Respond to your queries, refund requests, or complaints.
- Process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, and to verify your identity.
Additionally we may also collect the following information:
- Location and traffic data (including IP address and browser type) if you place an order, or if we need to estimate taxes and shipping costs based on your location.
- Product pages visited and content viewed while your session is active.
- Your comments and product reviews if you choose to leave them on our website.
- Account email/password to allow you to access your account, if you have one.
- If you choose to create an account with us, your name, address, and email address, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
- The VAT amount applied to any purchases you make.
- The VAT rate used to calculate the VAT amount applied to any purchases, even if the rate is zero.
- To comply with the EU VAT Directive, the IP address you use at the time any purchase is made.
- To comply with the EU VAT Directive, the billing country code you select at the time any purchase is made or, if the billing country code does not agree with the country code of the IP address, your agreement that the billing country is correct for the purpose of calculating VAT.
- If recorded, the information relating to the VAT component of any purchases cannot be removed as the EU VAT directive requires that we keep these details for 10 years in case they are requested by the VAT authority of an EU member state or other competent legal authority.
Cyonite Systems may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Cyonite Systems may monitor the usage of our themes and plugins and other services. Cyonite Systems may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Cyonite Systems does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
With your authorization, we may also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your goose.studio, goose.community( or other Cyonite Systems services) account through a social media service (like Google), we will receive information from that service (such as your username and basic profile information) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Cyonite Systems discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Cyonite Systems behalf or to provide services available at Cyonite Systems websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Cyonite Systems websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Cyonite Systems will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Cyonite Systems discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Cyonite Systems believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Cyonite Systems, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of a Cyonite Systems website or have purchased product from us and have supplied your email address, Cyonite Systems may send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Cyonite Systems and our products. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Cyonite Systems takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If Cyonite Systems, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Cyonite Systems goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquirer of Cyonite Systems may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.